How About Having Your Own Organic Cinnamon Perfuming Your House? Today We Will Teach You How To Grow it
Having and organic cinnamon perfuming house. Doesn’t that sound and smell nice? Well, you can have just that in a simple way. Since childhood we have been consuming organic cinnamon in the form of desserts or drinks, but in recent years we have learned much more about this spice from India, we have adopted other ways of consuming it much more direct because it is the easiest way to incorporate All its nutrients and take advantage of all its benefits.
As we always say, the organic products are the ones that assure us to be consuming foods free of all type of toxic or pesticide. Although we can not always procure this kind of natural food, at other times if we can access them by simply devoting a little of our time to cultivating them for ourselves.
This is also the case of cinnamon that is a tree of not very large dimensions that we can grow in the garden of our house if we lived in a warm area or also in a pot that we will locate inside the environments.
In long cinnamon tree can reach 2 m and medium but in case we want to grow it as an indoor plant we can prune it in such a way that it will not grow more than 120 cm.
The seeds of cinnamon can be collected as they mature and can be replanted giving birth to a new tree.
What do we need to know to grow our own Organic cinnamon tree?
Organic Cinnamon can be reproduced either by means of seeds or by cuttings.
- Take a small planter or container for seedlings, place soil and plant seeds or segments. Remember that they must be healthy and mature tree seeds.
- Locate the container in a dry place in the shade but where there is light.
- Approximately four months, the seedlings should be transferred to the ground in the open air or to a much larger final container for when the tree takes on larger dimensions.
- We should not expose the organic cinnamon tree to direct light but should not be in a dark place.
- Keep the desired dimensions of the tree pruning every so that the branches do not extend too much.
- The pots should remain in a warm place and should not be watered excessively as the root may rot.
- At the age of two or three, you will be able to harvest the cinnamon, which will then alternate.
- When the branches reach 3 cm in diameter and take a violet color is when you must cut to 5 cm of the trunk so that this gives rise to new shoots. The cuts should be done every two years.
- The best quality cinnamon is collected from the middle of the tree while the quality descends when it is collected from the base.
- If you have difficulty peeling the crust you can soak it with water to make it easier to peel it off.
- Keep in mind that the inside of the crust is not edible.
- Once you harvest your first batch of cinnamon, store it in a cool, dry place inside airtight containers as leaving it outdoors will lose its aroma and taste.
You can already enjoy your own organic cinnamon harvested by your own hands, something that will give you even a touch of extra flavor and in case you keep it inside your home you will have a permanent source of unmatched aroma.
We hope you find this article helpful and you share it. Thank you!